Friday 12 June 2009

Susan Worsham - More good work from Review Santa Fe

I also had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with Susan Worsham at review Santa Fe last week. I have seen her images around the internet for a while now and always thought they have a really nice aesthetics but being able to see the whole series 'Some Fox Trails in Virgina' and having her explained them to me, I realised what an amazing project she got going on. Her images are full of nostalgia, taken of new friends and reoccurring objects within the walls of her childhood. Check out the whole series on her website.

    'This series of photographs is taken in and around Virginia, the place in which I grew up. The title comes from a book written by my father's ancestor, to show the lineage of the Fox family in Virginia. For my own purpose, it acts as a metaphorical map, of the rediscovered paths of my childhood home.'

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge fan, and I loved hearing her stories about how the pictures came together. Great to meet you in Santa Fe, by the way! Congrats again on Hot Shot. I only wish I'd gotten to see your prints in person...

    ReplyDelete