Friday 22 May 2009

Memories, Dreams; Interrupted

Here are a few images from one of the long term project I am current working on at the moment. It's kind of a very loose continuation from my People's Park project. Whilst People's Park was inspired by my own childhood, I wanted to do a project that explores my daughters' memories, as they are being created now.

I knew I didn't want to take photos of my daughters, which seems to be a very popular approach, especially in the US, Catherine Angel, Betsy Schneider, Elizabeth Fleming to name a few that have amazing projects of their children, and of course Sally Mann.

Instead, I wanted to explore the spaces that I often go with them. These spaces are familiar to them and yet are shared, beyond the security of our home and constantly changing beyond our control. The images are both my interpretations of our memories and reflections of the dreams and anxiety I have for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment