Thursday 24 September 2009

Matt Stuart

Back when I first started my MA, we were given 3 'assignments' each week, people at work, people at home etc... I was never very good at them as I could never get into/ get excited about something that I wasn't interest in shooting. Two of those weeks in particular were street photography, which I absolutely hated. Besides being not very good at it, it was in January. Standing on the street freezing cold and aimlessly looking for moments was just not a lot of fun.

Photographers like Garry Winogrand and Joel Meyerowitz (his leica work anyway) produced some amazing street photography but they were never the style of photography that I aspire to. But I recently came across the work of Matt Stuart and they just made me smile. Perfect timing, sharp eyes, a good sense of humour and patience have produced some truly wonderful images.

All images ©Matt Stuart













No comments:

Post a Comment